Welcome to Taichung Bike week 2011, 11/29~12/01 Tempus at Le Bar 2F...

May 5, 2011

Riders' News - 5th, May, 2011


Internal Newsletter For Sponsors and Family of Trek World Racing
5.5.2011     
Tomorrow we'll be sending out a press release announcing the two new 'In Pursuit' videos that will be posted on our website. The Downhill one is called "P1's in PMB", and the Cross Country one is called "XC1 in RSA". A huge thanks to everyone for their congratulations after the South African trip. It was a mega logistical exercise being in Africa for 1 month, helped immensely by Ray Waxham of the Trek Race Department. To be leading two World Cup series is a great honor for the team. Congratulations Tracy and Aaron!
News from the Flueckiger brothers is that Luk did in fact damage his finger (not broken) in the training crash the day before the World Cup race, and has since had it in a splint, resting it, but it will be 100% very soon. Training has been very positive this week. Math, in the meantime, raced in Houffalize last weekend. Here's his report:
"The Race was for me in two parts. I had a very good start and went well with the leaders. For the first 3 laps I was in the lead group with Absalon, Schurter, Fumic, and Fontana. Kulhavy was further back. Then I went to the lead in a downhill and I felt very strong at that point, and only Schurter followed me and we diced together. Then suddenly in the next long steep climb my legs did a big change. They were so stiff, and with all the climbing, it was over for me. I never had this in a race before, and in the finish my back hurt again like the W/Cup. Maybe this was the reason. But I'm happy with the first 3-4 laps, it was a quality World Cup field."
In other news, in a deal fixed this week with Decline Magazine in the USA, there wil be a monthly "Trek World Racing Column" where the 4 downhill riders will rotate and write an article each issue, together with photos etc. This is the first time that a team has had its own column and we're very thankful to Mark Jordan at H3 Publications for making it happen.
Until tomorrow.....
www.trekworldracing.com


No comments:

Post a Comment